Competition is a standard to measure how fair do we perform on a given set of tasks. It defines the eligibility within a crowd. It is a scale to filter the best performers from others, and when this is with reference to the UGC NET examination, the topic requires a deeper discussion. Before we go into the details of this examination, let’s have an overview.
What is UGC NET?
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) under the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- It is a national level qualifying test to pursue higher education in a particular subject. Besides, it provides eligibility to work as an assistant professor too.
- At present, there are eighty-four subjects under the examination that can be undertaken for studies or professions.
Eligibility And Exam Pattern Aligning NTA UGC NET Syllabus
- The educational qualification for general and reserved category candidates are Graduation with 55% and 50% marks respectively from any recognized educational institution in India.
- For junior fellowship, the upper age limit is 30 years for general candidates, and a relaxation of 5 years is given to the reserved category candidates.
- The exam comprises of Paper 1 and Paper 2 with 50 and 100 questions respectively, wherein both the tests are taken one after the other.
- Both the papers consist of multiple-choice questions with no negative marking for any wrong answers.
- Paper 1 question covers Teaching aptitude, Research aptitude, comprehension, communication, mathematical reasoning, logical reasoning, data interpretation, IT, and a few other topics.
- Whereas, in Paper 2 question covers the subject chosen by the candidate.
Preparation Tips From Best UGC NET Coaching In India
While there is an array of what to be done and whatnot, there are a few tips in here to make you ready for the exam following NTA UGC NET Syllabus –
- Never go deeper without knowing the concepts as it is the basis of good preparation. It will help in the easy grasping of the related facts and avoid unnecessary confusion while choosing the right answer.
- With the vast syllabus at hand, it likely to end up with only a part of it being covered during preparation. A routine and strict time-management should be done to avoid these grave mistakes.
- Join a coaching class to remain at par with your competitors. There are many UGC NET Coaching institutes in India, choose the best one around your city. It should be kept in mind that the choice of coaching classes should be helpful in your preparation.
- It is a good idea to interact productively in reference to the exam-related stuff with peers as it helps to keep track of the developments related to the examination.
- Remain focussed on your aim while preparing for the examination as there are many fluctuations to distract your thought process.
- Don’t think that the available content is not sufficient or sub-standard. The best performers make the right use of the study materials available to them.
- Do not over-stress yourself by thinking of the examination. As it is just an examination and you are here to give your best, and it happens only if you have the right mind-set.
The Future prospects of a UGC NET qualified candidate are plenty. The candidates who qualify in UGC NET either pursue their career as a research fellow with a stipend that is being awarded on a monthly basis. There are higher positions like senior fellowship after getting a promotion with a subsequent increase in stipend too. The other candidates apply for teaching in academics as an assistant professor. Opt for the Best UGC NET Coaching In India and reap the benefits.