What is UGC NET English Coaching?
For those in need of a proficient UGC NET English coaching, Zenith Education is the best. The coaching centre is among the few best centres which offer good tricks, tips, and advice for cracking the UGC NET English exam at the first attempt itself.
We offer top-grade study material by Zenith Point Publishers to help the candidates to get good ranks in the UGC NET CS exam. Our trained and adept teachers guide the students efficiently. From making them do mock tests to providing them with the right tips, our expert teaching staff help the students in all possible ways to get through the competitive UGC NT English exam.
What is the UGC NET English Exam?
If you are looking for a career in Lectureship/ Research in English Literature in one of the prestigious universities or colleges of the country, you have to take the UGC NET English exam. NTA conducts the Nationality Eligibility Test (NET), exam in the interest of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The exam is mandatory for all those who want to qualify for the ‘Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).’ Zenith Education assists students in securing good ranks in ‘UGC NET English’ examination.
UGC NET English Exam Pattern
The UGC NET examination pattern can be divided into two categories, as follows:
The examination of UGC NET in Central India comprises of 2 objective types of papers. Each of the papers has its difficulty level that increases from the first to the second round.
Paper 1 has the ‘General Aptitude Test’ that comprises of the following sections, such as Mental Ability, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and Comprehension Reading. In this section, the candidate has to attempt 50 questions, and each of the questions carry two marks. According to the instructions of the UGC NET exam, candidates should attempt all 50 questions.
The question paper II of the exam contains 100 mandatory MCQs or Multiple Choice Questions that have only one correct answer. Each of the questions carries two marks. The questions of Paper II of the UGC NET examination would be related to the subject chosen by the candidate. In the case of the UGC NET English exam, the questions of Paper II would be related to the English subject.
The candidate has to give both the papers in the ‘Computer Based Test’ mode in 3 hours.
Criteria of Cut-Off Procedure for the UGC NET Exam
Step1: To qualify the UGC NET examination, the candidate should secure the minimum following marks:
Candidates of the General Category
: The candidates of the ‘General Category’ should secure aggregate marks of 40% on both of the papers.
Candidates Of the Reserved Category:
The candidates belonging to the ‘Reserved Category’ must obtain aggregate marks of 35% in both papers 1 and II.
StepII: For all the candidates who have passed step 1, there would be a merit list category-wise and subject-wise making use of the aggregate percentage of both the papers.
Step III: The topmost 6% candidates of each of the category and subject on the ‘merit list’ would be declared to qualify the NET and be eligible for ‘Assistant Professor’ only.
Tips for Preparing for the UGC NET English Exam
Analysis of the question paper of the previous year is essential. By careful assessment of the question papers of the previous year, it is possible to draw the following conclusions:
- UGC wants to test the objective knowledge of the candidates more.
- After completing a Masters in English, the candidates are expected to develop a logical reasoning skill for a specific text which is subjective.
- Earlier the emphasis was primarily on British Literature, but there has now been an inclusion of the other literary theories.
Based on the above analysis, the candidates are expected to do the following:
- Diversify their study scope
- Emphasize on the poems
- Develop analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Get acquainted with the authors of the world literature.
- Get familiar with the pattern of the exam.
- Proper allocation of time for every topic is necessary
- Prepare crisp and short notes covering the essential points.
- Revision of every topic is essential, and that too at regular intervals.
- Learn smart strategies and tricks for attempting questions.
Eligibility Criteria To Take UGC NET English Exam?
- The candidates taking the UGC NET English exam must pass the PG Degrees from well-known colleges and universities.
- The candidates need to apply for the UGC NET English examination for only a specific subject in which they have done the Master’s Degree. If the subject is unavailable to choose from the list, candidates should choose a related subject.
- The students are interested in applying for the award of the ‘Junior Research Fellowship’ should not be over 30 years of age.
- There is no ‘upper age’ limit for the candidates taking the exam to become Assistant Professors.
- The candidates who belong to the ST, OBC, PWD, SC, and Transgender categories get five years of relaxation of age.
- The students who have researched on a specific subject for a maximum of 5 years get the age relaxation as well. The aspiring candidates will get the age relaxation provided he or she can produce a certificate from a recognized institution or university.
- Candidates who possess an L.L.M. degree will get three years of age relaxation.
Zenith Education Provides Top-Class Study Material for UGC NET English Exam
Candidates can get first-rate study or course material to prepare for UGC NET English exam. The proficient teachers at Zenith Education guide students so that they can qualify for the UGC NET English exam. We teach the innovative strategies to the students for attempting questions effectively and managing time optimally.
One of the most recognized coaching centres to provide top-notch course material along with creative teaching methods, expert teachers and unmatched quality UGC NET English coaching is Zenith Education.
By knowing the tricks, cracking the UGC NET English examination would be a cakewalk for the students. Thus promptly reach us today and get the necessary information needed to get through the examination in a single attempt.